Hygienist Frequently Asked Questions
Is TempMee a Temp Agency?
- No! We are not a Temp Agency. We are a community of dental offices and hygienists that pick up shifts directly through a web and mobile platform. Since we have simplified the process and replaced the traditional agencies with algorithms, we can connect you with offices that want to put your valuable skills to work!
Do I Have to be a Hygienist to Create an Account?
- Yes, you must have an active dental hygienist license and be in good standing with no derogatory marks.
How do I Create a TempMee Account?
- Download TempMee from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store & complete Sign Up (TempMee.com/app). Once completed, your account will be verified within 24 hours.
What if I Don’t Like to Work at the Office I was Matched With?
- Please cancel the shift immediately and reach out to TempMee Support
Why Can’t I Know the Dental Office Before Accepting?
- TempMee is a digital platform, and we are committed to our community’s privacy. Once the shift is confirmed, you will be able to access the Dental Office’s information.
Can I Cancel After I’ve been Confirmed for an Active Offer?
- The office and its patients are counting on you, so canceled shifts are taken very seriously. As soon as you know you’ll be unavailable for the shift you’ve committed, you should cancel directly through the app.
- You must notify TempMee Customer Support immediately -Call/Text 786-460-2170- about the canceled shift.
- Should you cancel shifts 2 or more times in a 3 month timeframe your account will be paused and go under review by the verification team. The intent behind pausing the account is to ensure the most optimal conditions for everyone in the TempMee Community.
- Not showing up for a shift you are confirmed for and not notifying the office or TempMee of why you are unable to fulfill your temp contract is commonly referred to as a “No-call, No-Show”. Performing a “No-Call, No-Show” will result in you being blocked from the app indefinitely.
- Canceling within 24 hours of the shift’s start time & date will result in your account receiving a 1-star rating and counts towards your 2 cancellations allowed within a 3 month period.
- Canceling within 72 hours of the shift’s start time & date will result in your account receiving a 3-star rating and counts towards your 2 cancellations allowed within a 3 month period.
- Canceling your shift in advance- 72 hours or more before the start of the shift’s start time & date will result in your account rating not being negatively impacted but it will count towards your 2 cancellations allowed within a 3 month period.
How/When am I Paid?
- 24 hours after the shift has been completed TempMee will pay you via direct deposit. Then it generally takes your bank 2-3 business days to process the direct deposit.
Example of Payout Schedule:
|| Pay Released
|| Estimated Arrival
||Thursday – Friday
||Friday – Saturday
||Saturday – Monday
||Monday – Tuesday
||Tuesday – Wednesday
||Wednesday – Thursday
* Pay is released 24 hours following shift. Adjustments MUST be requested within that time
* Adjustments may delay payout by an additional 24 hrs
* Banks typically take 2-3 business days to process direct deposits
* This schedule may vary due to bank holidays
Are Taxes Withheld From my Earnings?
- TempMee is a digital platform. Hygienists are utilizing TempMee as a digital marketplace to find open shifts at local dental offices. They are not a permanent, part-time, or full-time employee of the office they are working at.
- Hygienists who are members of the TempMee community are independent contractors, and as such, will be issued a 1099 for any income earned through TempMee.
Why do you Need Driver’s License Information?
- To make sure your state-issued ID and Hygienist License match up and to provide simple background checks. We do this to provide the highest level of safety, protection, and professionalism to the members of our community. No one but our Verification Team sees your State ID and is used only for verification purposes.
Is a Photo Really Necessary?
- While it is not required, we have found that a photo helps the Dental Office know who to expect on your first day. Your photo will not be shared with the Dental Office until after you have accepted the shift.
Do I Need to Enter my Payment/Bank info to Create an Account?
- No, you are not required to enter payment/bank info to create your account. To collect your payment after a completed shift, you will need to enter your bank info as all payments through the TempMee platform are completed electronically.
Can I be Hired by an Office that I met through TempMee?
- Absolutely! Please let us know so we can update our records (Call or Text 786-460-2170). We also offer reverse recruiting services and permanent placement services with local dental offices; so definitely let us know if you’re interested in part-time or full-time opportunities in your area!
What is the difference between “Your Home Address” and “Other Locations”?
- Your home address is the location in which you work and live. “Other Locations” are additional areas where you would like to see “Job Offers”. You can add multiple locations to increase the number of offers you can see and accept.
What if I am Available but Not at the Rate Posted?
- The Dental Office selects an offered hourly rate. If the rate is not your standard working rate please feel free to counter offer by selecting the orange arrow on the job post and requesting the rate you are available to work for.
How Far do I Receive Active Job Offers?
- Hygienists set the radius they want to receive offers from their home address up to 25 miles. If a hygienist would like to receive offers outside of that 25-mile radius they can create multiple territories or reach out TempMee support for assistance.
I have Accepted the Offer, When is it Going to be Confirmed?
- Please note that we expect hygienists to hold their time for 24 hours. We ask that TempMee Dental Offices confirm any shift/counter offer within 5 hours and a Hygienist may contact customer support to request that any shift pending any longer after 24 hours be canceled.
What if the Dental Office Needs to Cancel?
- Things happen and sometimes an office needs to cancel. Depending on when the office cancels and when the shift depends on if or how much a Hygienist is paid for the cancellation. The hygienist’s pay for a canceled shift equates to the amounts charged to the dental offices as noted below.
- The Dental Office can cancel at any time, however, fees may apply. If a shift is canceled between 100 days – 73 hours before a shift, the office can cancel, but will not be refunded the TempMee Booking Fee that was charged upon confirmation.
- Between 72-24 hours before the shift, the office has 20 minutes to cancel a confirmed shift. For a shift that is canceled between 72-25 hours before the shift, the office will be charged 25% of the hygienist’s pay. The hygienist will then be paid 25% of the booked pay for inconvenience and loss of work.
- A shift canceled or adjusted within 24 hours before a shift will NOT be refunded and the office will still be charged 100% of the hygienist’s pay. The hygienist will still be paid 100% of the booked pay for inconvenience and loss of work.
- While TempMee makes every effort to provide pay to the hygienist in the event of a dental office cancellation, TempMee reserves the right to waive this pay if the cancellation is determined to be the result of an act of god, catastrophic event, or force of nature.
- Any hygienist that chooses to leave an office during a shift who has patient scheduled adjustments rather than stay will only be paid for the time the hygienist was at the office.
- If a hygienist has a shift that was canceled within 72 hours of the shift and picks up a new shift in place of the canceled shift, the hygienist will only be paid for the new booked shift. If the hygienist would have earned more working the canceled shift, the hygienist will be the highest daily pay.
- If another shift becomes available for the same day as the canceled shift within the hygienist’s territory and the hygienist declines the new offer, the hygienist waives their earnings from the canceled shift.